Hiya.

I’m Julie, and I’m on a mission to help every tired, overwhelmed mama within the sound of my voice feel better, be better, and live their best life RIGHT NOW.

I’ve been a busy mama for a long time, and had a baby after 40, so I know the struggle is real when it comes to eating healthy and staying in shape.

Read on to find out who I am, how I got here, and how I can help you get to where you want to be….

 

First things first….I’m a mama to my three babies: a 28 year old daughter, a 21 year old daughter, and 6 year old son. I also have a grandson who is pretty much the cutest 5 year old you ever did see. <3

This is me with all of my babies…and my baby’s baby…a few years ago. (Clearly we don’t take pictures all together nearly often enough!)

So yes, I’ve been raising a family for 28 years, and I have at least 12 more years to go.

By my calculations that’s almost 40 years of my life that I’ll have kids in the house.

WHOA.

 

This is also me. An 80s rocker chick who is still down with catching a rock show as time (and babysitters) permit.

Life’s too short to not do the things you love, so I have no plans to give up my rock shows any time soon.

 

I’ve been married to my best friend for ten years, and even though we have been through some serious shit together he still makes me laugh, picks me up when I’m down, and is my biggest cheerleader. I love the crap outta him.

Oh and he’s got a great butt. <3

 

ANYwho, I had my third baby a few years ago at 41 years old. I had a full time job, a husband who worked nights, super low energy, and a new baby. I really had to figure out how to simplify healthy eating so that it fit my crazy-busy schedule, because I wanted to get my body and my energy back fast.

Over my 28 child-raising years I’ve tried every diet/eating plan/new theory out there, but finally boiled it down to simplicity being the one and only factor that makes me stick with it. 

And I know a lot of other mamas need the same thing, which is how Well Fed Families was born.

Now don’t get me wrong. I don’t have a ‘perfect’ diet. Doritos are my JAM, and I live in Texas so Mexican food and margaritas simply must happen on occasion.

But I try to follow the 80/20 rule (healthy 80% of the time, and whatever you want the other 20%). That way I don’t feel deprived, and I know I’m gonna hop right back on track.

 

Bottom line is that a healthier diet has improved my life by a bamillion trillion kazillion percent, and I want the same for every mama within the sound of my voice.

Busy, overwhelmed mamas are my HEART because I know how hard it can be to make this change. But I also know how crappy you feel, both emotionally and physically sometimes due to the bad-for-you foods you find yourself turning to for convenience.

You deserve to live your best life right now, and I whole-heartedly believe that improving your diet can take you from tapped out, stressed out, down in the dumps, and exhausted, to happy, healthy, and ready to take on your world.

And it’s not as hard as you think! I promise.

So take a look around. There are a lot of goodies here, so make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

Together we WILL get you where you want to be. I’ve got you. The best is yet to come. <3

*insert obligatory ‘profesh’ pic*

I’m so glad you’re here,

Heart Plate Logo

I’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to shoot me an email if you’re so inclined.

julie@wellfedfamilies.com

Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Pinterest